Saturday, August 30, 2014

Storksak Elizabeth Tan Leather





This BEAUTIFUL bag is one that I have been wanting to try out for a long time, but I was waiting for a good deal to come up on ebay.  This bag does not look like a diaper bag at all.  It is a good neutral color for anytime of the year, but I think it would look super cute with some boots in the fall:)  



The front of the bag has a pocket that closes with a magnet.  Good for things you need to grab quickly like cell phone, lipstick, and keys.

                                   

On the back you get the same pocket, but this on does not have a magnet which I actually prefer with this bag because I have found that the magnet can kind of get in the way, so I put my phone in this back pocket.  Even though there is no closure, the pocket is tight enough that I am not worried about anything falling out.

The two tote handles on the bag are pretty comfortable and they are long enough to put over your shoulder even when the bag is fully packed.  I have to say though that my Storksak Tania Bee has the most comfortable handles to wear on my shoulder by far.

Like all Storksak bags you get a messenger strap that you can detach if you would like, but unlike my Tania Bee it does not have built in stroller straps.  That is a little bit of a bummer because I really love that feature and they don't make this bag with that.


The inside of the bag has some pretty cool features.  There are two bottle pockets on the sides and one of the pockets is insulated and can actually be removed with some snaps.  The back panel has a zippered pocket which I have found is a must for me inside the bag because I like to put mommy things in there like my checkbook, pen, tide to go pen and coupons.  In front of that are 4 small pockets that are very shallow for little things you might need to grab quickly.  I thought that I was going to love this feature, but when I actually received the bag I found that they didn't really work that great for me.  I like the deeper pockets better.  The front panel has two deep pockets and behind those is a whole other area that goes the whole length of the bag and closes with a Velcro strip.  I have found that since there aren't many pockets on the outside of the bag, I use this area for my wallet.


The bottom of the bag is a little disappointing.  Because it is such a nice bag, I had hoped there would be feet on the bottom for protection.  I know they have them on some of there other bags and I'm not sure why they decided not to put them on this bag, but it could use some feet for sure:)


The top closes with a zipper and I have found this zipper to be really nice and smooth.  I can really stuff the bag and the zipper is very well made to handle a fully packed bag.


Something really great about the Elizabeth bag is all of the accessories that you get.  There is a padded changing mat that folds up nicely and can be machine washed if it gets dirty.  You also get an insulated bottle holder, which is great, but since there are two bottle pockets on the inside of the bag, I didn't really have a use for this.  Then there is a zippered bag that would be great for mommy essentials, or I have seen some people use this as a wet bag for anything that gets messy.

Overall this bag is really classy and the real leather makes this feel like a handbag rather than a diaper bag.  It also can be a con though because for one it makes the bag heavier and you have to be more careful with real leather.  It can't get wet, it needs conditioned, it needs to be stored stuffed.  I was actually rinsing out a bottle the other day and I went to put it in the bag and my hands were still a little wet and I was afraid to touch the bag for fear of ruining it.  So I don't know if the real leather is going to work for me.  I tend to like the wipe-able and machine washable bags the best.  Lets keep it real, these are diaper bags and they should be easy to clean right?! 

Other than that I have found the bag to be comfortable, organized, great quality, and pretty:)


Pros and Cons for the Elizabeth

Pros:
  • well made
  • real leather (stylish)
  • great accessories
  • two comfortable ways to carry the bag
  • great organization with lots of pockets
  • comes in different colors
  • doesn't look like a diaper bag
Cons:
  • heavier
  • harder to maintain with it being real leather
  • no stroller straps
  • no protection on the bottom of the bag


No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Banner COde