Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Skip Hop Duo Luxe in French Stripe


 

This bag is one that I have been wanting to try out for a long time and Nordstrom just had their anniversary sale, so I got it for about $40! Yay! It usually cost about $65.  Anyways, this is a really great bag if you are looking for something cute and neutral.  It has a lot of great features to help you stay organized, but there are a few things that I wish were a little different.

First of all the bag is made of a coated canvas, or a glazed canvas, so that is really great for cleaning the bag.  You can easily just wipe off the dirt:)  The zipper pulls and the two tote handles have a leather-like feel, which I really like because it makes it feel like a good, quality bag.  


The messenger strap is not removable and I wish it was made of a little more comfortable material.  It feels kind of cheap compared to the materials on the rest of the bag.  I also wish it had a swivel on it so that it would not tangle up as easily when trying to put it on.

 

The first zipper pull has this ring that you can attach things to like a pacifier holder, key clip, or maybe just a charm, but I think it's a nice feature.  I personally don't like to have anything hanging off  my bags, so I don't have anything on here.


There are two pockets on the front that close via a magnet and I found that the magnets actually stay together pretty well, unless this pocket is extremely full.  These pockets are pretty stuffable though and they still keep a good looking shape on the outside.  Really this whole bag is good at keeping its shape even when it is stuffed, so I really love that about this bag.


The second pocket on the front has three little holders for pens, or lipsticks.  Just another little feature that is nice to help keep you organized.


There are two zippered areas on the top of the bag and this is the first one.  The pocket is short and doesn't go all the way down the length of the bag, so this pocket is perfect for mommy stuff.  I can fit my wallet, keys, phone, checkbook, and coupons with room to spare.  I love that this pocket is short because it makes grabbing my keys and wallet really easy with no digging;)


There is an open pocket on the back of the bag that the changing pad comes in.  I also kept some wipes in this pocket and sometimes a book for my toddler.


My only complaint about this pocket is it sticks out when the bag is full as you can see in this picture.  I wish there was some sort of magnet to hold it closed and keep the bag all secure.


Just another picture to show you how the back pocket sticks out when the bag is full.


There are two really cool bottle pockets on the sides.  Most diaper bags have the bottle pockets on the outside of the bag, but these are kind of hidden inside the bag. They are still easily accessible and the only downside is they take up some of the room on the inside of the bag.  (This is a 9oz Avent bottle in the picture)


 Just what it looks like closed.  I also really love the red zippers on this bag. It makes the bag stand out a little:)

The bottom of the bag doesn't have any kind of protection, but it is made from the glazed wipe-able material and I never had a problem with it getting really dirty.


The interior of this bag has two large open pockets on one side and the other side doesn't have anything.  Even though there are not a lot of pockets on the inside, the outside has lots of places to put things, so I found that I really didn't need more places to put stuff in here.  I have an extra pair of clothes on the very bottom, a Be Quick with all my diapering needs for two in diapers, toys in one pocket a formula holder and an Itzy Ritzy snack bag in the other pocket with toiletries.  I can easily fit more on top like a blanket, or jacket, but it is summer here, so I am not carrying those items right now.


These little clips on both sides of the bag are to attach to your stroller, or a grocery cart!  I love it when diaper bags have built in stroller clips because it makes it so convenient and you don't have to worry about packing them with you.


As you can see, they are also adjustable. so you shouldn't have a problem attaching them to any stroller.



Pros and Cons

Pros:
  • easy to clean glazed material
  • lots of organization
  • two carrying options
  • built in stroller clips
  • light linings
  • good price for a quality product
  • hidden bottle pockets
  • for the most part it keeps it shape when full
Cons:
  • messenger strap doesn't swivel, or detach and feels cheap
  • no protection on bottom
  • back pocket has no closure and sticks out
Overall I really like using this bag and you really can't go wrong for the price.  Plus it is cute and fashionable with the red accents and the grey and white stripes.  I think it is a bag that will last and help keep you organized.

One last note:  There are two versions of this bag!  The one I reviewed is the newer one with two zippered closures on top.  The older version has two zippered areas on the side panels of the bag and then the main compartment closes with a magnet.  I like the newer version much better because I like when all my toys and things are zippered into the bag.

Older Version of the French Stripe Duo
(Picture from www.laylagrayce.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Banner COde