Friday, August 1, 2014

JJ Cole Satchel



If you are looking for a bag with all of the bells and whistles, but at a bargain price, then this is the brand for you!  JJ Cole has a variety of different styles but one of their most popular styles is the satchel. The price ranges from about $70- $130 depending on the material of the bag.  This bag I am reviewing is a little more expensive because it is made from a faux leather.   This bag is very functional, comes with accessories and it is stylish.



The bag that I have is called cafe because it has a really pretty brownish, grey color.  It is made of a super soft faux leather material, which makes it easy to wipe off and keep clean.


When I first purchased this bag I was pleasantly surprised at how long the straps were.  Plus they are super soft and comfortable to wear on your shoulder.  I usually go for the messenger strap on my bags, but I was perfectly happy to wear this one with the two tote handles.



There are two zip pockets on the front of the bag that are great for small items like pacifiers, lip gloss, cell phone and gum.  I like the design of these pockets a lot because there is attention to detail and they look really cute.


As you can see the interior of this bag is an electric blue!  So fun! Plus it makes it really easy to see the items in the bag.


There are four open pockets on the outside of the bag that are very generous in size.  My Vera Bradley wallet fits in one of these pockets just fine and there is a little room to spare.  I really like how JJ Cole constructed this bag with so much organization because as a mom it makes it really easy to find the things you are searching for quickly.


Here is something that bugs me about this bag.  When the handles are down they pull down the pockets of the bag.  I find myself crossing the handles over the top so that the pockets stay upright.  ( Kind of silly that this annoys me, but I can't help it :)




This bag also has two pockets on the sides and I have no problem fitting bottles and my toddlers sippy cups in these pockets.  As you can see in the pictures they are made a little differently and I am actually not sure why they did that, but I found that I can fit larger items in the second pocket.


The satchel comes with an optional messenger strap that can be removed from the bag if you just want to use the two tote handles.  I have found this strap to be nice and comfortable to wear.


The inside of the bag has four big, elastic pockets, but I wish it had two more smaller pockets on the sides for more organization.  I also wish that there was some sort of zippered pocket on the inside where I could keep my checkbook and pens safe.


As you can see the pockets are large and I can fit a full size formula container with room to spare.


A changing pad comes with the bag and it is that same pretty blue that you get with the lining of the bag.  It has a Velcro closure and folds up pretty compact to fit nicely in the bag.


Most companies make you purchase stroller clips separately, but JJ Cole includes them with your diaper bag.  The bag is already a reasonable price for the quality of the bag, but then they give you these little extras which is really great!


The hardware on this bag is metal instead of plastic, so it is more durable and the zipper is nice and smooth.


After reading reviews for this bag for myself, I noticed that many people were having the same complaint.  The stitching is starting to come undone on two of the handles.  On my bag it is only on the sides, so the bag can still be carried this way, but it just doesn't look as nice.


Surprise!  There are feet on the bottom of the bag!!  I love this feature on diaper bags and I really like how they have one in the center.  The Ju Ju Be BFF has feet but there are only four, so the center of the bag still tends to hit the ground.

Pros and Cons for the JJ Cole Satchel

Pros:
  • nice soft faux leather material
  • comfortable to wear with long tote handles and the padded messenger strap
  • feet on the bottom
  • light lining 
  • lots of pockets for organization
  • changing pad and stroller clips included
  • durable hardware
  • looks like a bigger purse
  • reasonably priced
  • comes in lots of colors and fabrics
Cons:
  • no zippered compartment inside the bag
  • The four outer pockets hang down 
  • Some complaints about parts of their bag coming apart
  • not machine washable 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Banner COde