Monday, June 30, 2014

Storksak Tania Bee Diaper Bag

Storksak is a company that I just recently found as I was searching for the best diaper bag brands.  They are a luxury brand based out of London and they make AMAZING bags.  The attention to details on these bags are wonderful.  I was surprised at the quality and durability of the fabric when I first received my Storksak bag.  The materials are nice and thick, but the bag is still a lighter weight.  You can tell that these bags are built to last.  


When I first came across this brand I had another bag in mind that I wanted to purchase called the "Olivia", but I really wanted a fun bright colored bag for summer and the Olivia only comes in more neutral colors.  I am so glad that I went with the Tania Bee because it has such a great shape that makes it sporty, or classy depending on if you want to dress up, or down.  It's kind of funky with the strap material wrapping around the whole bag.  This material is water resistant and super easy to spot clean (not machine washable).  It comes in many colors from a neutral grey to hot pink, so there is something for everyone.  If you like this color, I would say it is a pretty redish bag more than orangish, but I love the color and I think it will be great to wear in the fall as well as the summer.  



One of the many great features of this bag is the messenger strap.  First of all it is not made of the seat belt-like material found on many messenger straps.  It is a more comfortable material that doesn't dig into your shoulder.  The best thing about this strap though is the built-in stroller straps!  I usually keep stroller clips attached to my stroller, but there are times when I would like to be hands free and I am not using my stroller.  For example, I was at Costco today and I was able to attach this bag to the front of my grocery cart.  It was epic! Great idea Storksak! This type of strap is available on all their newer bags, so you don't have to get this particular bag to get this cool feature.


The front pocket has a magnetic closure with a small cell phone pocket off to the side.  I find that it is big enough for my needs, but if the interior of the bag is full these pockets get a little slimmer.


The back pocket has the same magnetic closure, but no pockets.  I can easily fit my wallet in here with some room to spare.


The zipper on the bag is nice and smooth and I like that the zipper pull is longer because it makes it easy to get in and out of the bag.  The two bottle pockets on the sides are really roomy once you get past the opening, which is a little tight.


The interior has a nice light colored lining, which I find important in a diaper bag because you are carrying a lot of stuff and it just makes everything easier to see.  This bag has 6 elastic pockets and one large zippered pocket on the back for valuables.  There is also a key clip that you can attach your keys to so they can be easily accessible.  I usually have to carry two or more Be Quicks to organize my bag, but in this bag there are enough pockets to organize everything nicely.  I still keep my diapering essentials Be quick in the center of the bag for easy access.  As you can see, there is still plenty of room to add stuff.  I could even fit a light blanket and a jacket for my two year old in there, so this bag is very stuff-able (hopefully you all understand my made-up words:).


This Messenger strap can get SUPER long.  I am 5'4 and I usually wear it at its shortest length across my body, so if you are tall this strap will not be an issue.


As you can see the straps come down and wrap around the bag which is really fun and different, plus they have added another piece of the strap material down the center for extra protection.  I like when bags have some kind of protection on the bottom for those times when your bag is set on the ground.


OK one of my other favorite features of this bag are these handles.  They are not rolled in a circle like many bag handles, but they are flat to make it 10 times more comfortable to wear!  Seriously, I have no problem with these handles on my shoulder even if the bag is stuffed.  If you look at my Petunia Pickle Bottom handles, you will see that they are not made for comfort and I can't carry the bag that way for long.


Just a close up of the Storksak logo on the bag and the material up close.

Storksak Pros and Cons:

Pros:
  • Well made with attention to detail
  • Great materials used to make the bag
  • Looks like a purse
  • Different design elements
  • Comfortable messenger strap and handles
  • Built in stroller straps
  • Great organizational pockets on exterior and interior
  • Water resistant and able to spot clean
  • Great for dressing up, or dressing down
Cons:
  • Not machine washable
  • Little protection on bottom of the bag
  • Exterior pockets can get a little tight

I daresay that this bag is the most functional bag that I have.  I find myself not having to switch to a different bag for different occasions because this bag can really do it all.  I am so glad I found this brand because their bags are made to last and to look great.  I would recommend this bag to not only new moms, but to moms who have more than one kid as well.

Bonus Picture of my little guy just hanging out with the diaper bag :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Banner COde