Saturday, June 28, 2014

Ju Ju Be Hobobe

  Ok  I have already talked to you about how awesome the Ju Ju Be brand is ( if you missed it check it out here and here), so of course I have gone through a lot of bags made by them.  For a while I was all about only getting Ju Ju Be bags, but I have branched out since then.

Ju Ju Be makes lots of great bags in different styles to fit your needs and I think I have owned all of them:) Some made specifically for diapering needs are:

  • Be Right Back (backpack)
  • Better Be (messenger bag)
  • Be prepared (biggest bag ever)
  • BFF ( most popular and most versatile because it can be a messenger bag, or a backpack)
  • Hobobe (purse/diaper bag)  
In another post I will be talking about all of these bags and the differences between them. Plus what worked for me and what bugged me about these bags.  If you have any questions about any Ju Ju Be bags just comment below:)

(Print from their Legacy collection) 

This particular style is probably my favorite bag that Ju Ju Be makes!  It looks super small like a purse, but I was shocked the first time I packed it up how much I could fit in it.  If I would have had this bag with one child it would have worked perfectly.  I have two boys now in diapers and I find that for short outings I can fit all I need, but it is a little small for two kids.


The logo on all their bags in the legacy collection is metal, whereas the other bags have a fabric logo.  It just makes this bag feel more fancy and nice.  There are three prints in their legacy collection that are different versions of black and white.

  • First Lady (shown above, black and white stripes)
  • The Duchess (black with white polka dots)
  • The Queen of the Nile (small black and white chevron print)


The Hobobe is carried messenger style and I have heard many moms who are taller complain that the length of the strap is too short, but there is a way to make it longer by wrapping it around the first loop (shown in the picture) instead of the second loop, which is how the bag comes.


Something I really love about all Ju Ju be bags are the bottle pockets.  They are insulated and expandable, making it easy to fit even large sippy cups and water bottles.  Even the Hobobe, which is a smaller bag, can hold my sons sippy cups easily and it doesn't look funny.


The back pocket runs the whole length of the bag and has a snap closure.  This is where some moms keep the light changing pad that comes with the bag, but I prefer to keep my changing pad in my Be Quick. This pocket is good for coupons, mail, random papers and even small books.


The front pocket has a zippered closure.  There are two mesh pockets where I keep lip products, gum, extra hair ties and other small items.  There is also a nice long zippered pocket behind the mesh pockets for even more organization.  I keep my checkbook in here.  The key fob works great for me and I love that it is stretchy.  The main compartment of this pocket holds my full size wallet nicely.


The next pocket is awesome because it is kind of hidden above the first pocket and it has a soft cloth material, perfect for keeping my phone safe. Plus it is easily accessible.


The top closes with a zipper.  The main interior of this bag is a nice shimmery chocolate brown color that I think is really pretty and elegant looking (all Legacy collection bags have this interior lining). Plus is is still bright enough to see all your belongings inside the bag.  The interior of this bag holds so much!  I can fit two Be Quicks side by side, plus a wet bag on the bottom.  Then I have all the pockets that I can fill up and use to organize my stuff which is really great for finding items quickly.


One side of the interior has a mesh pocket and a zippered pocket just in case you want to keep things more secure.  I usually keep stuff like medicine and lotions in this zippered pocket.


On the other side there are two more mesh pockets and behind those in one huge zippered pocket that goes across the whole side of this bag.  Mesh pockets are great because you can kind of see what is in them and it makes it easier to find things.


Ju Ju Be does a nice job with making straps for these bags.  They are padded and have a slip grip material on them so it won't fall off your shoulder.  I find it to be very comfortable on my shoulder and it makes the bag easy to carry for longer periods of time.  For example I wouldn't mind carrying this bag on my shoulder while grocery shopping, but I can't say the same for my Petunia Pickle Bottom.  

Overall I love this bag!  I love that it looks like a purse and you guys know I am all about the bag looking smaller than it actually is.  I originally had this bag in a different print, but once they came out with their new legacy collection I had to switch to this First Lady print because it is more neutral and classy.  I really like that I will be able to use this bag after babies are out of diapers and I can machine wash it to keep it looking like new.

Ju Ju Be Hobobe Pros and Cons

Pros:
  • Lightweight
  • Machine washable
  • Looks like a purse (fits more than it looks like it will)
  • Tons of pockets for organization
  • Durable hardware
  • Padded shoulder strap
  • Great insulated and expandable bottle pockets
Cons:
  • Too small for some of my outings with two kids (I wish Ju Ju Be would make another version of this exact bag just a little bit bigger for everyday use)
  • I am worried about the white material on this bag getting dirty, but hopefully the washing machine can get all the dirt off.
  • No feet, or any kind of protection on the bottom of the bag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Banner COde