Saturday, June 28, 2014

Vera Bradley Double Zip Backpack


I found Vera Bradley when searching for a diaper bag backpack.  I had the Ju Ju Be "Be Right Back" backpack for a while and I even switched prints a couple of times because I thought that might be why I wasn't loving the bag as much as I thought I would.  The BRB has great features, but ultimately the bag gets very bulky and sticks far out off of your back, so I was very excited to find this double zip backpack by Vera Bradley.

Like Ju Ju Be Vera Bradley bags are machine washable which I love because I like to keep my bags clean and looking like new.  The lining of this bag is wipeable and light colored.  The fabric is soft and squishy with a quilted pattern.  If I am looking for comfort this is my go to bag. I can really fill it up and it still feels great on my back.

It is important to note that this bag is not technically made to be a diaper bag, but it really works great for me as one.  It has a "mommy pocket", two bottle pockets a zipper pocket on the back, spacious interior and the best part is the comfortable quilted backpack straps.



The bottom does not have a glazed protection like the Petunia bags do, but once again the bag can be machine washed.


This is one of my favorite things about this bag.  It keeps its shape and stays pretty thin like this when I wear it, so it doesn't look like a huge budging thing off my back.  I tend to like bags that look smaller, but can actually carry a lot and this bag fits the bill.  The bottle pockets are also bigger than they look although they do take up some of the room that would have been on the interior of the bag when filled.


 Nice carrying handle on top and really great, comfortable, ergonomically correct straps.


This zippered pocket is wide and goes all the way down the length of the bag.  I find it great for important papers, or magazines, or books.


The front bottom Pocket has two pen slots and two pockets for small items such as your phone, lipsticks, gum, or keys.


The top of the interior has a slot for a picture, and ID, or I have seen some use it for a lost and found card.

The interior is deceptively huge!  I can fit 4 Ju Ju Be Be Quicks in here, plus my wallet a light blanket and a formula holder.  The zippered pocket is a good size and I can fit my checkbook in here with extra cards and coupons with no problems.

I would recommend this bag to the mom who wants a comfortable backpack that can be easily cleaned.  I have loved it more than I originally thought I would.  I am not totally in love with this particular print, but I hold onto it because I love the features of this bag so much.

Vera Bradley Pros and Cons

Pros:
  • Lightweight
  • Machine washable
  • keeps its shape
  • light lining
  • Comfortable
  • Holds a lot while it still looks small
Cons:
  • No interior pockets
  • No key fob
  • No protection on the bottom of the bag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Banner COde