Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Lily Jade Meggan



I'm so excited to be reviewing another Lily Jade bag! It is made of beautiful brandy colored leather and the gold accents are perfect.  It feels so luxurious and the price point is actually really great considering the size of this thing. I was actually worried that it was going to be really heavy and I was pleasantly surprised that the weight of it didn't bother me:) 

 This is the largest bag that Lily Jade now sells and it does not disappoint!  I have had larger diaper bags in the past and they always end up staying in the car and I just grab out what I need because they are so annoying to haul around.  This bag can hold a ton without looking ginormous and without being uncomfortable to carry around.  My favorite way to carry it is of course backpack style! It's the best! 

I love the front buckle style magnetic/snap pocket because it fits a full size wallet with no problems and I love that I don't have to actually unzip the bag to get to get my wallet.  It's very easily accessible with one hand, which it great because the other hand is usually helping the kids. Mom's should be able to grow extra arms or something right?!  


The hardware on this bag is gold and I think it looks super pretty, especially paired with this brandy color.  Some gold hardware makes the bag look cheap, but this gold is not too bright and yellowish.  It's toned down so that it looks really classy.  I pretty much love it!


This beautiful tassel that comes on most of the Lily Jade bags is such a beautiful detail.  It really gives the bag a fun accent and makes them stand out from the rest of the leather bags that you see.


There are two smaller side pockets with magnetic snap closures.  I can easily fit my cell phone, keys, lip products, phone charger and other small items in these two pockets. Also, they look super cute.  I wish the Shaylee bag that they also just came out with had some cute buckle/snap pockets like these.


The back does not have any pockets, but this is where the magic happens! I love when bags turn into backpacks and this bag looks really great worn as a backpack.  Because it is a taller bag it sits really nice and comfortable on your back and the straps are more comfortable than you would think.  I love how easily this bag can convert from cross-body to backpack and there aren't a bunch of straps and clasps to put together.  It's one strap that does it all:) I do find that when I am taking it off my back I have to hold both sides of the strap, or the whole bag will slide all the way down.  That can be annoying sometimes, but it's a minor issue.


The bottom has the small feet for protection and the leather itself is a very durable material, so I think this bag would be safe to set on the ground.  My Madeline bag is red and I have been a little more hesitant about where I set it down, but it shows no signs of dirt or wear.  This color will hold up very well and I think it would easily last for many years.


As you can see the interior is nice and spacious!  You can probably fit most of the things you would normally carry in your diaper bag in the insert towards the bottom.  There is plenty of extra space on top of that where you could throw in the kids jackets, a blanket, even a baby wrap, or carrier.  Some people just don't like to have their bags look stuffed, so this amount of space will allow you to fill it with a lot of items without the bag looking full.  I personally like that a lot!


Here is a shot of the bag without the insert so that you can see the ginormous amount of space you have here! I love that the lining is a bright color because it helps you to see everything easier.  If the inside of this was a dark color  it would be miserable trying to find anything.


I love this organizer because you can utilize just a few of the pockets if you want to keep things simple, or you can be an organizing wizard with a bagillion places to put things! The material is nice and smooth which is super excellent because things will slide in and out easily.


Here's a little comparison between the Madeline and the Meggan.  The Meggan is the largest bag that Lily Jade carries, so of course it is bigger, but this picture helps you to see that it is a pretty large and in charge bag:)  I have used the Madeline as an everyday purse and it didn't feel too big as a purse to me, but the Meggan might look a little big for date night.


And of course Lily Jade sends you this bag in their nice dust cover.  I love the little details that really make the bag special and feel luxurious, plus you can keep your bag safe when it's not in use.


Overall this bag is very functional as a diaper bag and stylish enough that it doesn't look, or feel like one.  Maybe it would work as a purse after baby, or an overnight bag, or maybe you could use it as a travel bag.  The materials are excellent and the details are well thought out, so if you are looking for some space, but don't want the frumpy bag, then this is the beautiful bag for you.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
  • Made of excellent materials including leather
  • great space
  • great organization with the insert
  • smooth zippers
  • looks like a large handbag
  • can be worn 3 ways
  • Durable and pretty easily cleaned
  • feet on bottom
  • nice details like tassel and dust cover
Cons:
  • little heavier than most bags
  • not machine washable
  • on the more expensive side of diaper bags
  • Little large to be worn as a purse after baby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Banner COde