Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Fawn Design Doe Diaper Bag


When I first saw this diaper bag on Instagram I was very intrigued because it is such a different shape than other bag options I have seen.  I knew from the Vera Bradley Double Zip Backpack that I liked U shaped openings on bags because it gives you so much more space.  I also liked that it could be carried different ways, the material is very cleanable and it looks like a larger bag and not a diaper bag.  I could also give this bag to my husband to use and he wouldn't look like he was carrying my purse around, so that's a plus:)



There is a really good size slip pocket on the front with a zippered pocket in front of that.


One thing that I am really picky about on my bags are the zippers.  I love smooth zippers and this bag does not disappoint!  I was worried that the zippers would feel cheap and tend to get stuck like some other bags I have had, but this bag has nice, smooth zippers.  I could zip and unzip all day long:)


The only kind of branding on the bag is this little tag on the side with their name.  Kind of different, but I think it's cute.


The sides of the bag also have long slip pockets.  You can fit a small bottle in here but if you have the pocket on the inside filled, you won't be getting anything too thick in this pocket.  

I also want to mention that the messenger strap is a nice seat belt material, its adjustable, swivels and as you can see it is removable.  I have found myself wearing it back pack style the majority of the time, so I will just stick this strap in the outside pocket if I need it.  The rings on the side are good for attaching to your stroller with stroller clips as well.


The back of the bag has non-removable back pack straps and that doesn't bother me that you can't remove them, but I do wish that there was some sort of back pocket where they could be tucked away kind of like the Petunia Pickle Bottom Satchel.

It's not the lightest bag I've tried, but even fully packed I think it's a comfortable weight, especially when wearing back pack style.  I am nervous that the backpack straps will start to rip out where they are sewn in at the top because all the weight of the bag is pulling on these points.  Since there is not really a grab handle I tend to grab the top of one of the straps to get it in and out of the car and  I enjoy wearing it back pack style, so those straps are getting pulled from the bag a lot.  So far they feel secure, but I could see it happening over time, especially if you stuff this bag.


The pattern on the inside of the bag is really fun!  I tend to get sick of patterns after a while when they are on the outside of the bag, but I think having the pattern on the inside is a fun twist and I love that the bag looks classy on the outside but you still have the fun playful pattern when you open it up.  I really like that its a plastic-y material so that you can clean it super easy.  In fact the whole bag is made of a wipe-able faux leather and the inside of the bag can actually be pulled out for a good cleaning!  I thought that was a pretty cool feature.   


There are five pockets that surround the interior, one being the patterned one on the back.  I have found them all to be a pretty good size and it helps keep me more organized, which I love.  Plus it has an awesome U shaped opening!  Imagine if there was a normal, straight zipper across the middle... there would be no more room, but I can fit a ton more stuff in there because of this design.


Here is a better view of the inside with all my junk out of the middle:)


Bottom of the bag has no feet or protection, but since the bag can easily be wiped down, hopefully the dirt that gets on the bottom will be easy to get off.


OK let's talk about the inside material for the outer pockets.  I like how the front slip pocket is the same faux leather as the outside.  It just feels nice and finished.


The side pockets however are just the backside of the the faux leather, which is like a felt kind of material.  It just feels unfinished and a little strange to me

 The interior of the zippered pocket has the same felt- like material and it's OK, but if I put lip gloss in this pocket for example and it spills at all this pocket will be a sticky mess.  I just wish they would have lined the pockets with a nylon or something easy to wipe down.



The packaging is super cute and I love that i can keep the bag nice and safe in this cute dust cover when it's not in use.  I love when companies think of fun details like this!

There are a few things that I would change, but overall I think this bag is pretty rad!  It's really different from the normal diaper bags on the market and I think it's really fashion forward for moms who want to look hip and with it :)  It is a really fun bag that could be dressed up, or down and I can see myself using this bag for many occasions.  It also comes in black with gold hardware if you are looking for something a little more fancy nancy.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
  • U shaped opening
  • easy to clean faux leather
  • not too heavy
  • multiple ways to carry
  • smooth zippers
  • good organizational pockets
  • made with nice quality materials
  • doesn't scream diaper bag
  • pattern on the inside
  • gender neutral 
  • dust cover
Cons:
  • no grab handle
  • no feet/ protection on bottom
  • felt lined outer pockets
  • no way to hide backpack straps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Banner COde