Thursday, September 24, 2015

Petunia Pickle Bottom Tailored Tote


Petunia Pickle Bottom Tailored Tote in Electric Citrus

Petunia Pickle Bottom is one of the leaders when it comes to fashionable and functional bags.  This bag comes out of their new Mod collection and I adore the shape of it!  My husband even said it was his favorite looking bag so far.  The citrus is a lighter color and I love that it's not very limey, but a true yellow.  I also love that this bag looks like a super fun purse (not a diaper bag) to accent many outfits.  


The top closes with a magnetic snap which is great for getting in out and out of the bag quickly.  The downside to the snap closure is that when the bag is fully packed the snap sometimes comes undone and it's a lot easier for your little ones to go digging through the bag, or for items to spill out.  I personally prefer a zipper top closure, but some moms like the convenience of the snap.  


On the inside there are two D-rings on the sides so that you can attach the bag to your stroller/ shopping cart via stroller clips.


 As you can see they have added a snap to the strap so that when they are not in use they can be nicely snapped to the sides so they aren't flopping around.  I think this was a really great feature with lots of attention to detail.


The interior is an OK size.  It's definitely a vertical packing bag and that's fine with me because I have found that vertical packing is what works best for me.  If you need space for everything a newborn would need, then this bag would probably be too small for you.  I am at a stage where I have one who is potty trained and a toddler in diapers, but not longer needing bottles.  This bag works for me because I don't have to carry around formula and burp cloths anymore.  As long as I have a few snacks, diapers, wipes and some medical needs, then I am good to go.  I keep extra clothes in the car in case my 3 year old has an accident:)   There is still room to add some more things on top, but it will make the bag more difficult to snap and remained snapped if it's packed to the top.


Here is a better look of the bag without being packed.  You have two slip pockets on one side and a long zippered pocket on the other side where I like to keep small essentials such as my checkbook, pen, tide to go pen, lip products, feminine products and other mommy things.


This bag is made of their glazed fabric making the bag easy to wipe down, but I have heard of many complaints because color transfers easily onto this type of material.  I have yet to purchase a glazed bag that hasn't had one of these small little spots on it.  It's really not a huge deal, but I really look at the details of the bags that I purchase and since they are expensive bags, I believe they should be in perfect condition.  

The handles of the bag are comfortable to wear, but I wish they were just a little bit longer so that they fit over the shoulder better since that is the only carrying option on this bag.  The back of the bag has no pockets, but the deep, wide side pockets make up for that.


I love that the pockets on the sides go from the front all the way to the back, making them extra roomy for everything you need to grab quickly.




 I love that this large water bottle fits snugly with a little room to spare and it looks normal in this bag, not too big and bulky.



You know by now that I love feet on the bottom of my bags and these ones are thick enough that they actually do a good job of keeping the bag off the ground.


The handle has square shaped hardware which is different from most that are just circular.  I like hardware in general on the handles of my bags to help keep them laying flat when they are not in use.


This bag comes with a signature Petunia wipes case and a thin changing pad. 

Overall I think this bag is an adorable tote and would be able to be used well beyond baby years.  Obviously there are things that I would change, but it is well made with lots of attention to detail.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
  • stylish shape 
  • modern print
  • glazed fabric is easily wiped down
  • D-rings to attach to the stroller are well thought out
  • excellent bottle pockets on the sides
  • feet to protect the bottom
  • handles lay flat
Cons:
  • handles are short
  • only one carrying option
  • color transfers onto fabric easily
  • snap instead of zipper top closure
  • on the smaller side if packing for newborn





No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon Banner COde